Replacing Legacy Branch Routers with SD-WAN
Network engineering and operations leaders have struggled to incorporate digital innovation initiatives at branch and remote locations due to the limits of traditional WAN infrastructures featuring legacy routers. Specific problem areas include:
- Business application performance issues due to traffic bottlenecks
- Increasing costs due to expensive multiprotocol label switching (MPLS) connectivity
- Limited infrastructure visibility and associated security issues
The Path Toward WAN Edge Consolidation
WAN edge simplification
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN consolidates point products to simplify branch infrastructure. This enables bandwidth-constrained network teams to facilitate the transition to SD-WAN.
WAN TCO reduction
Fortinet Secure SD-WAN reduces WAN costs while providing better security at the edge (e.g., use of direct internet connections, application awareness for bandwidth management, automation, etc.). Indeed, Fortinet Secure SD-WAN delivered the lowest TCO per Mbps based on real-life scenarios in the latest NSS Labs testing.
Overall business agility
A Fortinet Secure SD-WAN Assessment Report can help network engineering and operations leaders to target specific problem areas with existing branch infrastructure to facilitate the transition to SD-WAN implementation.
Benefits of Secure SD-WAN
- Increased FlexibilitySoftware-defined wide area networks (SD-WAN) give tremendous flexibility and scalable at your fingertips. Traditional MPLS needs an ISP to help deploy and maintain them. With SD-WAN that has all changed, giving ultimate control back to your IT team and End Users.
- Simplified OperationsThrough features such as zero-touch provisioning, centralised management, and integration and automation using a single pane of glass means your IT and business operations will be more efficient and more effective.
- Improved SecurityUtilising next-generation firewalls (NGFW) such as Meraki and Fortinet means your WAN is the most secure solution, utilising best-of-breed technologies. Whether you need help with edge security, application control, web filtering, or path control, we have you covered.
- Lower CostSD-WANs bring tremendous cost saving over traditional MPLS solutions. Now you can utilise cheap public-facing internet solutions such as fibre or NBN, but, get the same level of resiliency and security as a traditional solution.
Why A1 Technologies?
We Deliver. ConsistentlyWe're committed to providing IT solutions and services that genuinely support our customers and enable their businesses to thrive. We hold ourselves accountable and ensure we deliver what we say we’re going to deliver.
Experience. You Can Rely OnOur team brings over 20 years of experience across diverse tech sectors, giving you both broad industry knowledge and deep expertise in IT Services, Cloud, and Communications solutions.
Reliable. ResponsiveGenuinely supporting our customers means being consistently reliable and responsive. On average, our response times are less than 30 minutes and our resolution times are less than 2 hours.
“I would like to thank A1 and commend you for your excellent work. A1 delivered beyond my expectations and we are very excited by the options you have given us…”
Sandra Whitaker – IT Manager, New South Wales Nurses and Midwives’ Association
“Having worked with a number of IT support companies over the years, I can confidently say that the team at A1 is a standout. They have outperformed for responsiveness, quality of advice and reasonable costs. I have referred them to other businesses, and I will refer them again in the future.”
Nigel Poole – CEO, Matter Design
“Excellent experienced team who can quickly understand the pressures of a business and help prioritise.”
Mark Woodhouse – CFO, JD Sports
“We can now access everything we need to from any device, anywhere, anytime. The efficiency and time saving have been far better than we expected.”
David Grant – CEO, Wahl Australia
“The level of confidence and certainty [we now have] with our IT infrastructure is invaluable.”
Christian Payne – CTO, Humaniti
“We have experienced a marked improvement in internet speed, collaboration, and productivity. It has been a great experience working with A1.”
Monique Bolland – Brand Manager & Co-founder
“Thanks for being so responsive and resolving our technical issues.”
Wes Quick – CEO, Expella
“The team at A1 are always extremely helpful and efficient.”
Nikki Brant – Office Manager, Acid Green
“We have found A1 to be super responsive to all of our service calls. The team are very knowledgeable and are always able to address our numerous and varied needs”
Eden Skyring – CFO, Coombes Property Group
Recent Articles Worth Checking Out
- Do you have an advanced threat protection system to protect your confidential information? Learn about Microsoft 365 Windows Defender and its features of...
- Do you have a security system that prevents data loss and information theft? Use Microsoft Data Loss Prevention to secure data in use,...
- Nowadays with so many organisations generating business-critical data, the need to retain and protect information has become more apparent than it ever was....